Thursday, March 19, 2015

linking and posing workflow

I have been linking my Ebil files using the import>link command and it has its limits, but I am getting use to them, or learning how to use them. I have Ebil modeled and rigged for this project (may revamp for a later episode.)
workflow:


  1. Open my current ebil .blend file with my rigged and skinned Ebil.
  2. Select all of the elements I want to pass down the chain (model, rig ,rigify bones and custom shapes)
  3. Create a group for all of these objects(CTRL+G) name it something useful.
  4. Open new .blend file
  5. import>link the group from the current ebil.blend
  6. import>link or append the rigify script for the U.I.
  7. select the rig and create proxy
  8. Create pose library for the rig.
  9. Select the proxy rig and the mesh and create a new group name it something_poses
  10. save file
  11. Now I can link that group into my scenes and animate

If I need to update the model or rig I edit the current .blend. If I want to add or edit poses I edit the *_pose.blend

Quick render of the current Ebil rig.



No comments:

Post a Comment