Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Back in the saddle again

Out with the old

I took a break from Ebil mid year to work on a pro bono project :


I started working on Ebil again a few months ago and have been reworking old assets.
I lost a good bit of work when my computer crashed. I recovered my project files from the cloud and other backups. In the process I decided to rework some of the things I never really felt 100% about. Mainly the characters. I've spent a little time retypoing Ebil's mesh and I plan to re-rig him. I'm not very good at the rigging process. I'm using rigify with a few custom tweaks I have watched a half dozen tuts on how to use the rig, but I can't seem to get it to just poof parent perfect to my mesh. Still getting weird tears an bends in the mesh. I'm not getting a full animatable range. For the Bus Stop sketch I think it is adequate. There is not a lot of complicated animation. I want to get the project done. I have to consider some things good enough. Scope creep is a thing.


I have been updating the traffic fleet. Hard surface modeling is much easier to me. I could make cars all day long.


No comments:

Post a Comment